Your Unique Aitutaki Lagoon Resort Experience
Adults Only (16+ yrs) Luxury Getaway
ENJOY THIS WONDERFUL FEEDBACK FROM OUR GUESTS:
"Wow!!!! This resort is perched right on the edge of the most breathtaking lagoon I have ever laid eyes on! Every year we travel to a different tropical island (e.g. Maldives, Fiji, Vanuatu, Bora Bora etc) & this is the only one we want to come back to. There is cheaper & more expensive, but none more beautiful." Chris
Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa was home to the American SPORTS ILLUSTRATED 50th Anniversary SWIMSUIT EDITION shoot (as well as Air New Zealand's SAFETY IN PARADISE video and Australian BILLABONG summer fashion shoot). Senior Editor of the Swimsuit Edition, MJ Day, said of Aitutaki: “… hands down Aitutaki is the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life.” Which is some accolade from someone who truly has been there, done that, in a long career of globetrotting to some of the world's most beautiful spots.
Another who’s been there, seen that is Catriona Rowntree, the popular longtime presenter of Australian TV travel show, GETAWAY, who considers Aitutaki to be The Most Romantic Place on Earth, and who even chose Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa for her own honeymoon.
Once upon a time, to get to Aitutaki meant a long sea voyage in an ocean-going Polynesian vaka or aboard a flying boat on the famous luxury Coral Route (which is how Marlon Brando, John Wayne and Cary Grant got here).
Nowadays, to discover Aitutaki all you need do is take the 45minute flight from Rarotonga. Legend has it that the colour blue was invented here. Once you arrive, you’ll see why this legend was born . Feast your eyes on the bluest blue they’re ever likely to see. Yes, believe it, you've now visited Heaven whilst you're still on Earth.
If you have a dream to really, truly, deeply experience the very essence of the South Pacific, then it is here - in the very heart of the South Seas - that your dream will be most truly realised.
Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa is not just located in the heart of the South Pacific, it truly captures its exotic, unique, unpretentious heart.
Here you can experience the sweeping romance of your own private island, afloat, almost adrift, in the South Seas.
The incredible charm of your own thatched bungalow perched atop the champagne sands. Swaying in a hammock under the cool green of a nodding palm tree, the blue, serene expanse of legendary Aitutaki Lagoon revealed before you.
And by night, you can thrill to the pounding rhythm of the Aitutaki drums as the grass-skirted dancers shimmy and shake on the sands traced by a moonlit sea.
Everyone should journey to the very heart of the South Seas, at least once in their lives. Unfortunately, not everyone will have the opportunity to live - at least for a while - right here at the edge of the world's most beautiful lagoon, at the ONLY resort set directly on the expanse of Aitutaki Lagoon.
We would encourage you to seize the moment. For life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Aitutaki - Where the Colour Blue was Invented
This is where Mother Nature decided to write her most sublime, most intense Ode to Blue. A poem of surreal, super-natural power. To come here is to enter into the blueness, into the endlessness of omnipresent blue. Heaven, you will discover, is undoubtedly blue.
As you gaze out at breathtakingly beautiful Aitutaki Lagoon from your bungalow deck at Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa, feel as close to Heaven as it's possible to get whilst still here on Earth.
Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa rests on its own magical isle named Akitua Private Island, and is the ONLY 5-star resort located directly on world-famous Aitutaki Lagoon.
It is from here that so many of the most stunning shots of Aitutaki Lagoon have been taken, because Akitua Private Island affords the best views in Aitutaki of legendary Aitutaki Lagoon. Panoramic, majestic, spellbinding, jawdropping views to die for.
Have you ever seen a masterpiece in an art book, and then been lucky enough to come upon it in life? A masterpiece perhaps such as the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, or a massive Kandinsky or Chagall canvas. You think you know what the real thing will look like, yet nothing prepares you for the power of scale, the power of something so much bigger than yourself.
This is the experience of Aitutaki Lagoon. Words and pictures cannot truly convey to you the scale of the scene and the power of that to move you. Here, Mother Nature created the sublime view, Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa created the experience.
The Scale of the Scene
You will have seen wonderful, dreamy, inspiring images of Aitutaki Lagoon. Gorgeous little photos in magazines, brochures or the internet. You will believe you know what it really looks like. And yet nothing will prepare you for the power of being there, for the vastness of the scene, for becoming one with blue. These will become moments apart.
Once you have left, you will forever be able to close your eyes and re-enter this portal, a portal to the poetry, to the power of blue, the blueness of Heaven.
So why go to the effort and expense of journeying all the way to the heart of the South Pacific, to the shores of Aitutaki Lagoon, to Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa? Because no one should have to live life without at least once visiting Heaven while they're still on Earth.
The Best Lagoon Views on Earth
Nowhere is closer to Heaven than Aitutaki. And nowhere can you experience this better than at Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa, because of its totally unique blend of qualities and features.
Here, from Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa, you can see for yourself The Best Views on Earth of the World's Most Beautiful Lagoon. A sight truly to behold ... and which will remain with you for always.
Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa is unique in so many ways:
- The ONLY 5-star resort located directly on Aitutaki Lagoon, a true Wonder of the World. That's 'location, location, location' for you. A good map will show this to you clearly.
- Because of this world-beating location, guests of Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa are the only resort guests to enjoy the best views of Aitutaki Lagoon, directly into the majesty, the heart of the lagoon. Expansive, panoramic views which are truly to die for. The Best Views on Earth, of the World's Most Beautiful Lagoon. See this for yourself and you'll realise it is no exaggeration. If anything, it fails to truly convey the grandeur of the experience.
- Located on charming Akitua Private Island, Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa is the ONLY resort in the Cook Islands located on its own private island. To the prosaic this will mean little. To the poetic, this will mean everything. The wild romance, the luxury, the deep peace of your own truly private piece of paradise is indescribable.
- Yet even the romantics have a practical side. So the fact that this delightful little island is just a 2 minute ride by small private ferry from the main island of Aitutaki means that you have the absolute best of both - the convenience of quick and easy access combined with the exclusivity and tranquillity of privacy.
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa is the ONLY resort in the Cook Islands with Overwater Bungalows. Until you've stayed in an Overwater Bungalow you may believe they're overrated, once you have, you're spoilt for life. Not even staying on the beach right at the water's edge quite compares to the sense of freedom and uplift of spirit that you feel in an Overwater Bungalow, afloat on a blue blue lagoon.
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa is an all-bungalow resort, with the charming thatched bungalows well spaced for privacy. Here again, something unique.
- Recent multi-million dollar upgrade programme. Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa has recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation - so enjoy all the new amenities, including glorious open-air showers now in all bungalow categories.
- The warmth of the genuine Aitutaki welcome which you will receive at Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa is something truly special and memorable. So many of our guests tell us that the stunning natural beauty of the setting was made complete for them by the friendly and obliging hospitality and service which they received; and so often it's one of the main reasons they come back again and again.
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa is authentic Aitutaki. Yet again, something unique. Staying here is not like staying in a cookie-cutter chain hotel, it is not like staying in a nicely-decorated but could-be-Asia or could-be-anywhere resort. And it is a resort for travelers, not tourists, with no marble or gold taps in sight, just the world's best lagoon views from your own bungalow on your private island. Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa is authentically, unashamedly Aitutakian, and proud of our Polynesian heritage.
- Staying in a fully-serviced resort has its advantages, actually, it has its many, many advantages. Time is precious to you, and you want to savour every moment to the fullest. By staying at a fully-serviced resort such as Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa, you ensure that no precious time is wasted on anything other than maximum enjoyment of the moment, and each other. Whether you require wedding services, tips on the best places to snorkel, lessons on how to stand-up paddleboard, help with booking your rental vehicle or a cruise of Aitutaki Lagoon, or you need to place a room service order for a candlelit dinner, it's all right here for you at Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa. Your truly private piece of paradise, right here on Akitua Private Island.