CONSTRUCTION UPDATE – 08 March 2023
We are excited to be able to share with everyone that we are building a major new guest facility at Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort that will incorporate an all new:
- Reception, Gift Shop & Guest Waiting Lounge
- Two swimming pools including an Infinity Pool
- Two Restaurants
- Activities Hut & Games Room
The whole facility is designed to maximize the amazing views to the Pacific Ocean as well as across Aitutaki Lagoon to the main island.
Open now: A new Restaurant, Swimming Pool & Games Room
The following facilities will be opened:
01 May 2023: A new Reception (including Luggage Room), Gift Shop, Spa, second new Restaurant, Infinity Swimming Pool, Activities Hut & Gym.
If there are any changes to this schedule will be posted to our website whether each phase is completed earlier or later than set out above.
This construction is taking place in a location separate from the accommodation bungalows, behind extensive screening and a long way away from the Flying Boat Beach Bar & Grill and the beach and water sports areas.
No effort is being spared to reduce the noise and disruption involved in this construction programme.
If any guests have a concern, they should contact me immediately.
If any guest would like to cancel or rebook to a time when the construction is completed there will be no cancellation fees.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
15 December 2022
Three of our Reception staff in Rarotonga recently tested positive for COVID. All three were fully vaccinated. All our Resort staff are fully vaccinated. The vaccination rate of 12 years old+ in the Cook Islands is over 96%. The staff concerned are now isolated in line with Cook Islands Ministry of Health guidelines.
Our Resort Covid-19 Safety settings adjust in line with the Cook Islands and New Zealand Government guidelines and mandates. The Cook Islands Ministry of Health and the New Zealand Ministry of Health coordinate their COVID-19 response.
Your cooperation with the following additional precautions at our Resorts, and around the island would be appreciated, where possible, at this time:
- Checking in electronically via mobile phone or iPad
- Reviewing your room account electronically
- Checking out electronically
- Using Live Chat on our website via your mobile phone for any requests.
- Turning off your air conditioning and opening all doors and windows to your accommodation 15 minutes prior to your room being serviced. Please wait outside while your room attendants clean your room.
- Accessing menus via QR codes or TV digital display units.
- Collecting food orders from the kitchen when notified by buzzer.
- Please consider following social distancing guidelines of 1 metre from other people outside your “travel bubble”, as well as limiting unnecessary close contact with staff and other guests, at the resort and around the island, for example:
o using a personal set of tongs to collect items from the breakfast buffet.
o ordering room service or takeaway meals.
o collecting your room service order from a stand separate from the staff member.
o maintaining a 1 metre social distance from Activities staff when enjoying the Activities programme.
o One guest at a time, other than one other person from your personal travel “bubble”, to access the following facilities including the gym, spa, and gift shop
- Frequently wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Cough into your arm.
If you feel sick, please stay in your room, and immediately contact Reception by dialling 5000. We will organize a Rapid Antigen Test for you and liaise with the Cook Islands Ministry of Health for any necessary medical assistance.
Changes to your travel plans
If you have any questions about your booking, please contact us as follows:
The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium or Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach
Telephone: +(682) 25-800
Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort
Telephone: +(682) 31-200
Thank you for your cooperation.