Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort is the only private island resort with the only quintessentially romantic overwater bungalows on Aitutaki!
Aitutaki Lagoon is the most wonderful playground for all kinds of water sports with the pristine waters displaying the most amazing range of colors and tropical fish!
WHAT WE ARE
We genuinely believe that we can best meet your expectations of your stay with us, if the expectations of your experience are well aligned with what we have to offer.
Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort
- Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort is the only resort set directly on Aitutaki Lagoon, dubbed the World’s Most Beautiful Lagoon. Spellbinding.
- There are only 7 Overwater Bungalows in the Cook Islands. All 7 are at Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort. Exclusive.
- Here you an immerse yourself in the super-natural beauty of the lagoon waters, directly off your bungalow deck. The lagoon beckons. Let it embrace you.
- From Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort you can experience for yourself the best views on Earth of the World’s Most Beautiful Lagoon. Awe-inspiring.
- Today’s true luxury is privacy. Here at Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort, you are staying on your own private island at the Cook Islands’ only private island resort. Sublime seclusion.
- We are an intimate boutique resort with only 33 well-spaced bungalows on our 27 acre island for maximum privacy, peace and serenity as you soak up the vibe of our superb natural setting.
- We’re ideal for guests who value an authentic Polynesian aesthetic complete with stand-alone bungalows, rattan, thatched roofs, outdoor showers and locally hand-crafted carvings. And of course, that quintessential Polynesian experience, Overwater Bungalows.
- A tranquil oasis for romantic couples, whether with us on your honeymoon, anniversary or for a special escape.
- Dine with views of the World’s Most Beautiful Lagoon right from your beachfront table at the Flying Boat Beach Bar & Grill
- Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort offers the ideal blend of privacy combined with ease-of-access to the main island of Aitutaki via our regular on-demand private ferry which takes around 2 minutes to cross the Full Moon Channel to Aitutaki Island
- Far from the everyday, here is the place you’ve been searching for where you can deeply relax the body, revive the mind, refresh the spirit. Sway in your hammock above the champagne sands, drift off to the sound of the lagoon lapping on the shore, and the gentle breeze rustling through the coconut palms. Soothing for your soul.
- Well away from light pollution, Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort offers one of the best places on Earth for stargazing. You’ll be awestruck.
- For a unique private dining experience, dine just the two of you in our exclusive Kuriri Point Gazebo as the sun sets and reveals a canopy of Southern Stars. Wildly romantic.
- Experience a warm Aitutaki welcome when you arrive, and a fond farewell when you depart. You will carry Aitutaki your heart for always.
WHAT WE ARE NOT
Our aim is always to please. And in our experience, the best way to achieve your satisfaction is to ensure that your expectations are in line with what we have to offer you. We have three beautiful sister resorts which each offer something special and unique. Unique from other resorts in the Cook Islands. And unique from other resorts anywhere in the world. To ensure that you book the sister resort which is best for you , we believe you might find it helpful to be clear not just on who we are, but on who we are not:
- We are not a resort with airs and graces. This is not a place with gold taps, silver service or pretention. Our resort offers you today’s true luxury, privacy, in an authentically-Polynesian setting, on your own private island, with the best views on Earth of the World’s Most Beautiful Lagoon.
- We are not a resort in the Third World with hundreds of staff on hand. This is not the place for snap-your-fingers service. Our team are friendly and happy to be of service to ensure you enjoy your holiday with us.
- We are not a large resort with dozens of accommodation types. We are a small, intimate, boutique resort with only 33 well-spaced bungalows for maximum privacy, peace and serenity as you soak up the vibe of our stunning natural setting.
- We are not a child friendly resort. We are a resort for guests aged 16 and over who enjoy a quiet and peaceful ambience around the pool, in the restaurant and on the beach.
- We are not a Club Med or a resort with a relentless programme of activities. We are a resort best-suited to romantic couples with us on their honeymoon, anniversary or for a special getaway.
- We are not a bustling resort or nightlife destination. We are a peaceful oasis for adults who want to leave it all behind and immerse themselves in one of the wonders of the world, Aitutaki Lagoon, if only for a few days. After all, everyone deserves to, but not everyone can get to.
- We are not the place for a large swimming pool complex. We do offer a charming swimming pool with sundecks, but our guests value above all having direct access to the inviting warm waters of our spectacular blue lagoon.
- We are not a resort with a plethora of dining options. We offer you dining with views of the World’s Most Beautiful Lagoon right from your lagoonfront table, and you can readily access other dining options around the island via the regular on-demand private ferry which takes around 2 minutes to cross the Full Moon Channel to Aitutaki Island.
- We are not a shopping mecca or a place with big-name brands. We offer a gift shop for essentials and souvenirs, and you can also access shops on the main island of Aitutaki, but Aitutaki is not the place for a shopping spree. This is the place to rest the mind, deeply relax and revive the body and refresh the spirit.
- We are not a place with Netflix or Neon on demand or super-fast broadband. When you come to Aitutaki, you have reached a remote island paradise which nevertheless does offer good Wi-Fi and all the comforts and conveniences you would need for a special vacation, away from some of the excesses and demands of modern living. A chance to groove into a simpler time and place in the heart of Polynesia. Soothing serenity for the soul.
- We are not a resort open to outside guests to come and wander around. We are focused on the satisfaction of our in-house resort guests and to serving you well. Aitutaki Lagoon Private Island Resort is designed for people seeking serenity and romance, and we proactively cultivate an atmosphere that lets peace and relaxation come naturally. Here you can drift off to the sound of the lagoon lapping on the shore, and the gentle breeze rustling through the coconut palms. The respite you’ve been yearning for.
- We are not for those who think that if they’ve seen one island, they’ve seen them all. We’re for those who appreciate that Aitutaki offers them something very special and unique, a once-in-a-lifetime experience that if they’re very lucky they may even get to repeat.
- We are not for the indecisive. With the current covid situation, we have relaxed our terms & conditions to allow cancellation or change of dates right up to 72 hours prior to arrival, with no fees or penalties, which offers our guests incredible peace of mind. We encourage guests to take out travel insurance as part of being a wise traveller.
- We are not in the middle of a large country with easy access to a wide range of supplies. We are on a remote island in the middle of the vast Pacific Ocean where there can be limited availability of supplies from time to time due to shipping constraints.